Saturday, January 28, 2012

Drama

Being the mother of three boys, I thought I had escaped the drama that comes with having girls. WRONG! Either my boys are really in touch with their feminine side, or my theory was wrong to begin with.

Case in point: Last night, TJ was a mess of sobbing hysterics. Why? Because Bill and I wouldn't let him adopt a kitten from a classmate. TJ had never seen or met this kitten, and we have a perfectly good (well, totally awesome) cat in Katie. But that didn't stop him from carrying on. In case you were wondering, his parents don't love him, we don't want him to be happy, and Katie is dumb because she doesn't play with her toys. As compelling as those points were, we are still not getting the cat.

This morning, Sam had an extended tantrum. During this tantrum he was stark naked. I mean 100% nude. Not one item of clothing on him. Why was he so upset? Because Bill wouldn't let him wear yesterday's underwear on his head. Seriously. Bill and I had a hard time getting through that episode. We were both fighting back laughter.

Now all is calm. TJ is composing a song on the piano and complaining that I can't help him (his mother is not a composer). Sam is happily doing his homework. He's bummed because he's almost done. Homework makes him happy.

Peace and quiet make me happy.

No comments: