Sunday, December 11, 2011

Why I could never be a stay-at-home mom

A recap of Wednesday, my one day off:

Sam and Nolan are happily playing with Magnetix in the living room, eating Cheeze-its and watching Backyardigans. I’m in here (bedroom) working a little bit. The boys start fighting, so I tell them it’s time to pick up the Magnetix. A minute later Sam comes running in the room and tells me Nolan swallowed a Magnetix marble. I can hear him coughing. I run down the hall and sure enough, Nolan has swallowed a marble. This is NOT the first time he’s done this. I start scolding him, he gags, and pukes up his Cheeze-its. I grabbed his snack bowl just in time to catch the puke. No marble came back, just cracker remains.

Bill comes upstairs, scolds all of us, and tells us the Magnetix are permanently off limits. Sam gets upset because the Magnetix are TJ’s, and he’s not even here to be blamed for this. Bill picks all of them up and puts them on my bed. He also reminds me that I’m in charge of watching for Nolan to pass the marble. Lucky me.

Flash forward to yesterday---Saturday morning. Nolan fills his pants first thing. I have had no luck with getting him to poop on the potty, but right now, that's kind of handy, since I'm looking for a marble. Nolan comes to me and asks me to change him. I said, "Okay! Did you poop out the marble?"

Nolan calmly responds, "Nope. This was just practice."

I couldn't help but laugh. And he was right. No marble yet.

No comments: