Friday, December 2, 2011

Super Nolan

Nolan was up early this morning, as he had to go to the bathroom. It was shortly after 6:30, but he was wide awake, so when he asked if he could 'stay awake now', I let him stay in the bathroom with me while I put on my make up and fixed my hair. Bill has been sleeping downstairs for the past week, due to a lingering cold he has. At 7:00, he still hadn't made an appearance, so I asked Nolan if he would go downstairs and wake up Daddy for me.

Nolan is still at that awesome stage where he loves being given assignments. He was quite excited about having permission to wake up his father. I told him I would turn on the lights over the stairs before he went downstairs. Nolan promptly shook his head and pointed at his beautiful blue eyes.

"Mama", he said, "I have very bright eyes. I can see in the dark."

Now that's a pretty cool super power. However, just in case he is klutzy like his mother, I turned on the lights for him anyway.

No comments: