Saturday, December 3, 2011

Time to get my hearing checked

Last night at dinner, TJ blurted out the strangest phrase. I'm in the middle of eating my soup and he says, "You have to get a bald raccoon!"

I looked at him and he had a stubborn look on his face. I looked at Bill and he just shook his head and rolled his eyes. I just didn't get it. I asked Bill WHY TJ was talking about a bald raccoon. At this point, Bill started laughing and clarified something for me. Apparently, TJ said, "You HAVE to let me go to Cullen's!"

Oh! Yes. TJ got his first sleepover invitation. It's a Saturday night to a Sunday. We told TJ he could go to the party, but that we would be picking him up at 9:00 pm. For two reasons: 1. Bill and I both know very well that TJ wouldn't make it all night at someone else's house. He struggles when he sleeps at a grandparent's house. There's no way he'd make it at a friend's house. He's too attached to his parents yet. 2. It's a Saturday to a Sunday. We don't spend Sunday mornings playing with friends. We spend it at church, worshiping. I know some people might roll their eyes at our inflexibility, but that's how we were raised, and that's the way our children will be raised.

Maybe it would just be easier if I found him a bald raccoon.

No comments: