Friday, May 6, 2011

ouch

Bill has been slowly transferring family movies from the small videotapes on to the computer. That way, they can be preserved forever, and the kids can watch them whenever they want.

And do they ever! I have seen the same family videos so often that I have them memorized. Tonight, Sam and Nolan were watching clips from Christmas 2004, when TJ was 13 months old. I was busy putting away laundry while they watched the video.

After awhile, Nolan asked me, "Mama, why are you so fat?" Ouch. I looked at the video and had to admit that I was out of shape then, and probably 20 pounds heavier. Sam said, "Mama isn't fat. I am in her tummy." Nope. I wasn't pregnant then, and his comment didn't make me feel better either! I started to explain to Nolan that I wasn't exercising back then, and that it had only been a year since I'd had a baby when he cut me off.

"No! Why are you so fat now??" Ouch! Time to hit the elliptical!

No comments: