Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My companion

I've spent the better part of the last 8 days in bed. I'm very tired of looking at my bedroom walls. I am feeling a bit better today, and am going to try and work short days tomorrow and Friday. Apparently, I had a reaction to some medication, and I had an inflammation of my gall bladder, and I have been getting horrible headaches and no one knows why. I see a neurologist in a couple weeks about those. I wonder if he'll find anything??? (ha ha ha)

Anyway, Katie the Cat really seems to understand that I have not been well. Bill is absolutely convinced that cats can pick up on when people are unwell. She has been a faithful daytime companion. The first few days, she would actually climb right on my chest and sleep. Since she's not heavy, she wasn't pressing on my gall bladder, and I didn't have the energy to protest, she stayed. Then she spent a couple days sleeping beside me. Today, she stood guard right outside the door. Bill's new theory is that she was giving me space, as I was feeling better. Maybe he's right.

Here she is 'hunting' something out the window. Her tail was frantically twitching. Whatever creature was outside should be very, very grateful that a window separated the two of them!

No comments: