Friday, October 1, 2010

My Little Charmer

As of today, Nolan is 2 1/2 years old. My 'baby' is quickly disappearing. In his place, is a very verbal, very opinionated little boy.

He's picked up a few phrases lately that neither his mother or his father taught him. In fact, I can't even blame TJ and Sam for these, as I don't hear them talking like this. I suspect I can probably credit the neighbor kids, or perhaps Nickelodeon (there's lots of sarcasm on "iCarly").

Here are a few examples of Nolan's favorite phrases:

"That is yucky." (Spoken whenever he sees something he doesn't want to eat. A couple months ago, he'd eat whatever was on his plate, as long as it wasn't moving. Suddenly, he's getting picky).

"This is stupid." (I really don't like this one at all, and have been gently reminding him that 'stupid' is not a nice word).

"No. That's my butt." (I love to pat his round, soft little bottom when I'm changing his diaper. Suddenly, though, the term 'bottom' is not correct. Well, I'm sorry. It's too cute to be called a 'butt').

And my personal favorite:
"Get me out of here!" (He tends to use this one when his diaper or his clothes are being changed. He just doesn't have the patience for that).

No comments: