Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Milk DUDS

I usually have candy in the house. Partly because I'm a sucker for candy, and partly because the boys can earn a piece if they do a good job eating lunch or dinner. I try to buy small things, like Tootsie Rolls and small suckers. TJ got fed up with the lack of variety the other day and asked if I would buy something new. So, I picked up a bag of Halloween candy that had a variety of items in it (small boxes of Milk Duds, mini packs of Whoppers, small bags of Reese's Pieces, and some lollipops). The boys were really excited. Sam had a hard time deciding what to try after dinner the first night. I suggested Milk Duds, because they are one of my favorite candies (how can you possibly go wrong with chocolate AND caramel??) Sam took a box of Milk Duds, opened it up, and was pretty excited to see four small Milk Duds inside. He popped one in his mouth and stayed seated at the table while I washed the dishes and cleaned up.

I was so busy, I really didn't notice Sam's progress, or lack thereof. After about 10 minutes, Sam quietly said, "Mom, you may have the rest of my candies." I took the box and saw 3 Milk Duds inside. I looked at Sam's face and started to laugh. He was exhausted from chewing on one Milk Dud. He has absolutely no interest in ever trying them again. I felt bad, since it was my suggestion, so I traded him 3 Milk Duds for three pieces of candy corn. He thought it was a good trade. I did too. His Duds were delicious!

No comments: