Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Chipstack

Cold season has started. For some reason, colds make my boys' lips dry out. I am addicted to lip balm year-round (I prefer Burt's Bees pomegranate lip balm) and I always have some with me. The boys only seem to need it during the fall and winter. I am not buying them anything fancy, since they tend to be rough on the stuff. Right now, they each have a tube they received at the Coopersville Christmas parade last year. It's a strange thing to get at a parade, but it saved me some money!

Sam, in particular, has been very fond of his chapstick. Only, he can't say it right. He calls it 'chipstack'. He (very loudly) asked for some 'chipstack' in church on Sunday. Brianna was sitting behind us and was highly amused by that.

Today, Sam discovered that he had not one, but TWO tubes of 'chipstack' in his dresser drawer. One was cherry flavored, one was unscented. He could hardly contain himself, he was so excited. He got out both and proceeded to carefully apply thick coats of both to his lips. I'm sure he will still be smooth and moisturized a week from now. At least he's not trying to eat the stuff.

No comments: