Saturday, September 25, 2010

The circus

Last week Saturday, Bill and I took all three boys to the Ringling Brothers Circus. The circus comes every fall (on the circus train!), but we had never gone to see it. I priced out tickets and was discouraged to see that it was going to run us about $100 to see the circus. So, I decided to put it off for another year.

The next day, I saw that WOOD TV was giving away tickets via their EightWest TV program. I signed up on Facebook to win tickets, and I won! What was really exciting was that they gave me a five-pack of tickets, so even Nolan got to come along.

We got in our seats about 30 seconds before the show started. I had so much fun just watching the boys' faces. TJ took in the performance like a typical kid. His favorite part was watching the guy get shot out of the cannon. Nolan had a look of puzzlement and awe on his face. He loved it, but couldn't quite understand what was happening. Sam was fascinated for about 10 minutes, then spent the rest of the time studying the spot lights, trying to figure out the contraptions in the ceiling, watching what the circus performers were doing in the dark and behind the scenes...basically he was looking everywhere he wasn't intended to. Typical.

Here's a few pictures from the show. It was great, and the best part was it was FREE!!

No comments: