Saturday, September 4, 2010

Can you hear me now?

Earlier this week, Sam decided he no longer needed to wear Pull-ups to bed at night. He is now wearing underwear around the clock!! We do still have the occasional incident where he needs to poop and waits just a minute too long to tell us, but we're working on that. Overall, I am thrilled with his progress.

Since he is wearing underwear to bed, Sam has to be able to wake himself up at night if he needs to go potty. He has been doing this since the very first day he used the potty. Odd, but I'll take it. My only beef is that Sam's whispering skills are lacking. And he's had to go potty in the middle of the night several times in the past week. It is a bit hard on my heart to be in a deep sleep and suddenly have this child talking at full volume. "Mama! I need to go potty! Did you know that I have a lot of bug bites? Are you going to help me go potty?" Sure Sam. Just as soon as I peel my terrified self off of the ceiling.

What's most amusing (or annoying?) is that Sam really does not need my help. He can get on and off the potty by himself. The only thing he has a bit of trouble with is pulling up his pants. Being the perfectionist that he is (who'd he get that from, anyway??), he won't tolerate his waistband being folded over or his underwear being bunched up. So Mommy drags herself out of bed to prevent these tragedies from occurring.

On Thursday, I took the boys in to the chiropractor for our regular visit (we go once every 3 weeks). My boys love Dr. Waswick and usually fight over who gets to go first. Sam was up first this time. Dr. Waswick adjusted Sam's neck and Sam started laughing. He told Dr. Waswick, "When you cracked my neck, I burped."

Dr. Waswick looked amazed and said, "I wondered what that was!" Then he and Sam both started laughing again. I'm glad we have a chiropractor who appreciates my wacky boys.

No comments: