Friday, July 30, 2010

Nolan's Tour De Canterbury

TJ is suddenly a huge bike fanatic. Now that he can get on, start, turn, and stop all by himself, he takes his bike everywhere. I love watching him. He is so proud! Bill is now on my case about how he needs a bike so that he and TJ can go bike riding (to call Bill's current bike a piece of junk is actually being complimentary).

Anyway...when my mom came over to get the boys yesterday morning, TJ asked her if he could ride his bike to her house. She said that would be just fine. Nolan then started insisting that his big wheel needed to go too. Again, my mom said that was fine. She was picturing putting his bike in the back of her car, as she has done several times before. However, that was NOT what Nolan had in mind. My mom glanced out the window a minute later and discovered Nolan past the end of the driveway and headed down the road. My mom never packed up so fast in her life. She threw the kids' stuff in the car, got Sam in, and took off after Nolan. She caught up with him quite quickly (he can't reach the pedals on his bike and scoots with his feet). She followed him the rest of the way, creeping behind my small boy on his big wheel tricycle. Every minute or so he'd peek behind him to make sure she was still there.

I am 100% convinced he will be my first child to break a bone. Sam will be the first child to accidentally blow something up.

No comments: