Monday, July 26, 2010

Customers! Customers Everybody!

Saturday night, we had Ellen, Dan, Mandy, Owen, and Audrey over to celebrate Sam's birthday. TJ was very excited to have guests over. He really didn't care about Sam's birthday, he wanted to show off his new ability to ride a two-wheeler without training wheels. At one point in the afternoon, TJ said to Bill, "And I just can't wait until our customers get here so they can see me ride my bike!"

When Bill told me this story, I was confused as to why TJ would call our guests 'customers'. Bill said he was sure that TJ meant to say 'company'. Ohhhh. And TJ made the same mistake during dinner. He was telling our guests that Austin and Tyler could not come over to play that day because they had customers. Once again, he meant company. It made me laugh. It reminded me of the scene in the movie Cars where Sally is all excited about the customers coming to Radiator Springs.

He may be six, but he's not perfect. Not yet anyway....

No comments: