Monday, July 26, 2010

Those Poor Birds...Part Two

On Sunday morning, Bill and I were standing in the kitchen talking awhile Sam sat on his stool eating breakfast. Bill was commenting on how much better it felt outside, as a cool front had gone through and relieved us of some very humid weather. Sam, as always, was listening closely.

Sam asked, "Mom, is today going to be hot?"

I told him that it was going to be cooler and not feel as muggy. He then went on to speculate, "So...it's a good day for birds."

I asked him if birds didn't like the heat, and he said, no they didn't. So I asked why, and he said, "Well, the birds turn pink."

Bill and I held back the laughter. I asked Sam if he had ever seen a pink bird, and he looked surprised and said no. So we decided the days must not be too bad for birds if none of them had turned pink.

I am not sure why Sam is so worried about the birds, but I just wanted to let everyone know that as long as they aren't pink, we have nothing to worry about.

No comments: