Thursday, December 31, 2009

Year in Review

Does anyone else feel like 2009 just started? Now I will have to remember to write 2010 on everything. It's usually February before I have that right.

It's been a busy year. Nolan has blossomed from a small baby into a very busy little boy. Sam has repeatedly shown he has wisdom beyond his 3 years. My inability to potty train him is bothering me more and more, but I don't know what to do about it...He is still terrified to actually pee in the potty!

TJ started kindergarten and has disproven my theory that I have perfect children. For Mrs. Marsh's sake, I hope he behaves for her after Christmas Break. He still needs to learn the world does not revolve around him!

We added one niece to our family this year. Charlotte Marie arrived on December 26 (see below for some adorable pictures!). My boys love her. I had Nolan repeating words while I changed his diaper yesterday (it helps him hold still), and this is how the conversation went:
Me: Say "Mama" Nolan: "Mama"
Me: Say "Daddy" Nolan: "Daddy"
Me: Say "Charlotte" Nolan: "Awwww"

When Nolan does say "Charlotte", it often sounds like "Sharpie". We'll keep working on it.

Next year, a new nephew will be joining our family. I was convinced Jared and Sarah were having a girl. I even did some shopping in advance. Guess I will save those items for some other niece and start looking for boy-appropriate gifts. Don't be mistaken, though, I love boys!

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments: