Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Sam and Nolan, my peas in a pod

I work short days most Fridays (I'm off one Friday a month, I work the other ones). Last Friday, I ran some errands after work and got home shortly before 4:00. I knew my mom had gone home for the day (she leaves during nap time), and I knew TJ was out playing with friends (it was his first snow day of the year), but I wasn't sure where I would find Sam and Nolan. I walked in the door and all was quiet. I wondered if Bill had given them something to do in the basement while he finished up his work for the week. I peeked into the living room and saw this:

Both boys were sitting very quietly in the recliner. Sam had gotten out a step stool and helped Nolan climb up. They were snuggling and waiting for me to come home. I went downstairs and asked Bill if he knew what his sons were up to. He said they had gotten up from nap about 15 minutes earlier, but didn't want snack or his attention. So, being Daddy, he went back to work. He knows they know where to find him.

Later that day, I was changing Sam's diaper (all attempts to train him have been a miserable failure, thus far). Sam suddenly looked up at me and said, "I know your name is Beth." I agreed that he was right and then I said, "But what are you supposed to call me?" Sam thought this over and finally said, "Baron". Heaven help me if my child ever starts calling me by my last name!

On Friday night we went to the Coopersville Christmas parade. All 3 boys received helium balloons. Nolan was in love with his and did not want to let it go, not even when it was bedtime.

Nolan has come down with a cold. It came out of nowhere and is really bothering him. He isn't sleeping well at night, which means we are both tired during the day. Apparently, Nolan was really tired at lunch today. He ate his food and then did this:

No comments: