Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Funny Stuff

Nolan has a favorite phrase. "I do!" He will walk up to the cupboard, smile at it, and say "I do!". He is anticipating your question...."Nolan, did you want a cracker?". The answer, of course, is always "I do!"

Nolan loves hats. He can often be found playing with cars or trucks and wearing a hat on his head. Whether it is a plastic firefighter hat, or a Hanson Collision hat I got for free at a ballgame this summer, he is enamored with them. Oddly, he refuses to wear his winter hat outdoors and is forever removing it and throwing it in the van.

TJ had two winter hats. Now he has none. He knows he left one on the bus yesterday (great...last day of school before Christmas break, and he was on a different bus...what are the odds I'll get that one back?) and he has no idea what happened to the other hat. And we still have several months left of winter!

Now for something different...rather than a funny story about my kids, I'm going to tell one about my mom. Hopefully, she will enjoy it too!

My mom likes to buy the beer bread mix from Tastefully Simple. However, my parents do not drink, so whenever she makes some up, she has to have one of her kids track down a can of beer for her. This past week, she made a batch, but decided not to use beer this time. Nope, instead she used...Mountain Dew Live Wire! Bill thought this was one of the funniest things he had ever heard. He said he knows the alcohol cooks off when you use beer, but he highly doubts all that caffeine cooked off. So, have a slice of my mom's bread. You'll be wide awake the rest of the day!

No comments: