Sunday, December 20, 2009

Where did you come up with that?

My boys are full of wisdom today...

1. I wore a skirt to church this morning. I don't wear skirts very often, because I am not a fan of nylons. I also don't usually change my clothes in front of my boys (too many opinions and comments). But today, I decided I would change out of my skirt and into jeans, even though Sam was standing there yakking away at me. He watched me hang my skirt up and then remove my nylons. He said, "What are you doing, Mom?" I told him I was taking my nylons off. His response? "Those aren't nylons, those are stockings." Now, where did he hear that?

2. Bill and I went to Mass at St. Thomas the Apostle this morning. Bill helped their organist out by playing the prelude. Our boys went to Coopersville Reformed with my mom. So, we picked them up from her house on our way home. As we were getting their coats on, TJ turns to my mom and says, "When you die, you should think about selling this place." Say what?!

3. I decided I had earned a Sunday afternoon nap. I didn't sleep very long, but was enjoying being nice and warm in my bed when I heard a small person enter the room. It was Sam. He came over to my side of the bed and said, "Mom, are you awake?" I turned and looked right at him and said, "Nope. I'm asleep." He looked puzzled and said, "But I can see your face." I laughed. Do people who are asleep not have faces? He kept thinking it over and then informed me, "I think that you are awake." Oh, you caught me.

No comments: