Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree...

At dinner tonight, Sam asked if it was dark out. I said yes, it was. He wondered if that meant it was nighttime. Bill explained that it just gets dark earlier in the winter, but it doesn't mean it's nighttime. Bill then informed me that at 5:08 p.m., the sun is now setting as early as it gets. From here on out, it starts to creep back. He then made the following profound statement: "The sunset keeps rising later faster."

I just sat there and looked at him with a little smile on my face. After a minute, he started smiling and said, "All right, what did I say?" I repeated his words of wisdom back to him, and he burst out laughing. He then tried to blame Sam and TJ, who, as always, were trying to interrupt us. He claims he can't think straight when he's being interrupted. Well, then he hasn't thought straight for six years!

In case you were wondering, Bill was trying to say that the sunrise will continue to get later for the next few weeks. Day or night, sunup or sundown, I guarantee you that if one of our kids is awake, they will be trying to tell us something. And Bill will be trying to think straight. And hopefully he will forgive me for posting this!

No comments: