Monday, April 6, 2009

Nolan's Party!

Nolan's party went well. I find it stressful having people over (I am always afraid they are going to think my house is messy), but it does motivate me to get things done. I finally finished painting the door to the deck. Well, the inside is painted. It's too cold to paint the outside yet.

Anyway, the party was fun. Nolan quickly grew bored opening gifts (he wanted to play with the bows, but not actually help me unwrap), so I let TJ and my nephew Owen unwrap things in order to speed up the process. TJ and Sam both really liked Nolan's new frog humidifier (it is pretty cute) and his new alarm clock/CD player. Sam likes anything that plugs in. He's constantly rearranging small appliances for me.

I took Nolan to Penney's today to get his 1-year photos done. He did well, but of course, saved his best smiles for after the photo shoot. Figures.

Here are some party pics!

I ordered a monkey cake, and told the bakery any sort of monkey would be fine. TJ and Sam were excited to see Curious George on the cake.

Nolan was very excited to eat the cake!

Bill finished the deck right before the party started. I'm so happy to have it done. It looks great!

No comments: