Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter 2009

Easter weekend was chilly, but sunny. The Coopersville Easter Egg Hunt was at 10 a.m. on Saturday, and the wind was really cold. TJ's age group was further back in the park this year, so Bill took our camera and went with him. He said TJ did well. I had Sam and Nolan and my mom's camera. Nolan was content to sit on the ground, studying one egg (I put a couple in his bag for him). Sam proudly picked up one egg, and then walked around watching everyone else fill their bags. I had to keep encouraging him and helping him get more eggs. Either there were more kids, or fewer eggs, because none of the boys had a full bag. TJ got the closest.
We met up with Suzy and Maggie at the egg hunt.
For Easter dinner, we went to my parent's house for dinner. All of my siblings, their spouses & kids, and my grandparents were there. The only exception was Nate (Brianna's fiancee), had to work. I think there were 19 of us around the table. It was loud, but fun. My sister Amanda made a very tasty dessert...some called it a truffle, others called it a trivet, and she claimed it was a trifle. Whatever you call it, it was heavenly!

Bill thought we should be facing the sun for our annual family Easter photo. I had him take a picture of Nolan & I when we got home--one where we weren't squinting!

Please take note of TJ's shirt. It was his last 'new' shirt from ones I had purchased at the really awesome consignment shop in Macon, Georgia. Normally, TJ pays no attention to what he's wearing, but he was really excited about this shirt. When I was taking their pictures, I told the boys they all looked very nice. TJ responded with, "Yes, but I look the nicest". Ah, my modest boy.

No comments: