Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Nolan Baron, Negotiator

Tonight after dinner, I was down in the bedroom, folding clothes. Bill was cleaning up the kitchen. Nolan did a great job eating his dinner (we've had some trials and tribulations lately) and was cheerfully bringing his plate over to his dad. He requested jelly beans for his dessert. Bill said, "Okay, how many do you think you deserve?" Nolan promptly answered, "Mama said five." Now, Mama said no such thing, but Sunday night I let him have five as he was so anxious to try all the different colors.

Tonight, Bill said that five was too many. Nolan thought for a minute and said, "Two?" Bill laughed and offered him three which Nolan happily accepted. I was enjoying this exchange. I'm still trying to decide if Nolan is the worst negotiator ever, or the best. After all, he got his dad to go up on the offer instead of down.

Shoot. Now I want some jelly beans.

No comments: