Friday, February 8, 2013

Funny kids

Things that made me smile this week:

Nolan keeps losing the stylus that goes to his Nintendo DS. We have a package of extras, but I would prefer not to give him a new one every week. But he forgets to tuck it in the back of his DS when he's not using it and then it vanishes. I think the cats help with that.

At any rate, Nolan lost another stylus this week. I was talking to him about taking care of his stuff. He calmly looked at me and said, "Mom, you know I can't be responsible for that."

Sam had a good week. He was in the first grade musical and even had a speaking part. He did so well. Wednesday night we were at church. TJ participates in the weekly kids' drama and he thoroughly enjoys it. Until this week, Sam has had no interest in the drama. But they were short-handed and TJ sought out his little brother and asked him to be in the drama. Sam was quite flattered and very enthusiastic. As he and TJ ran up the stairs to rehearse, Sam said, "I may be only six, but I'm a challenge." I think he meant 'up for the challenge'...

Nolan wasn't feeling well Wednesday night. He was running a fever and was quite lethargic. I took his temperature to see how bad it was. Helpful TJ took a look at the digital numbers after the thermometer beeped and said, "Whoa! A hundred and twenty! He's really sick! No, wait! One THOUSAND twenty!!"

The thermometer said 102.0. I assure you, all of Nolan's brain cells were intact.

No comments: