Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Spelling words

So it is now the second week of school, and we have jumped back in to our regular routine. It seems TJ will have small amounts of homework each week. I like that Mr. Sagorski sends his math homework home on Friday night. We have lots of time on the weekends to get that finished and out of the way. TJ also came home with his first list of spelling words. He has the regular list, and a challenge list. TJ is already complaining that he doesn't want to do the challenge words. According to the note from Mr. Sagorski, the challenge words are always optional. In TJ's mind, if he doesn't HAVE to do them, then he doesn't WANT to do them. I informed TJ that we never settle for good enough, and I expect him to always strive to be the best.

Yep. It's official. I've become my parents. Oh well. I want him to succeed!

One of TJ's spelling words for this week is the word "six". I was reading TJ's spelling words to him and he was carefully writing them down on a white board. I said "The next word is 'six'". TJ promptly wrote "6". I laughed and told him to try again. TJ looked at me calmly and said, "Why? What I wrote IS six."

He gets his logic from his father....

No comments: