Sunday, September 25, 2011

Muzak

When I was a child, WOOD FM 105.7 played easy-listening music. You know, the kind that was always on in your grandparents car, or playing in JC Penney. I HATE easy-listening music. I've never liked it, and it's not something I've grown to like as I've gotten older.

Bill, however, grew up listening to WOOD FM and loves it. Strangely, his dad recorded hours and hours of music off of WOOD. Even more strange, Bill spent a lot of time putting that music into his computer. Finally, as the icing on the cake of weirdness, Bill broadcasts this awful music through a radio station. This stuff is now on every radio in our house! The boys think it's fantastic. Bill even had TJ record some radio spots, so every once in a while, you hear him say "You're listening to Baron radio" before the next song starts.

On Sundays, every member of the Baron family takes a nap. Today's nap was even more important because we have all been fighting colds. On Sundays, Sam sleeps in his bed, and TJ sleeps on the floor in our room (otherwise, he and Sam spent nap time visiting and being silly). TJ can't fall asleep unless that awful music is on.

I've gotten really good at sleeping with a pillow over my head. I slept for an hour and a half that way today. I woke up, and TJ was already awake and gone. Radio station was still blaring.

Did I mention that Bill's radio station is even set on my alarm clock radio? It wakes me up in a hurry and I shut it off as fast as I can!!

No comments: