Friday, September 9, 2011

More evidence of my growing senility

So after I cleaned up the Potty Incident, I got the boys settled in at the kitchen counter, eating breakfast, and I walked around, opening curtains, turning off night lights, and gathering up laundry. I noticed Nolan had left a pair of dirty socks on his bed. I had a load of whites in the washing machine, but I hadn't started it yet. I shoved the socks in the back pocket of my jeans with the intent of tossing them in the washer before I started it.

The rest of the morning was hectic until we finally got all three kids out the door with Grandma and I left for work right afterwards. I had been at work for over a half hour when my co-worker Donna suddenly said, "Hey. Why do you have socks in your back pocket?" Yep. Nolan's dirty socks. I had completely forgotten about them. They would have stayed in my pocket all day if Donna hadn't said something.

I'm losing it.

No comments: