Sunday, April 10, 2011

Toilet vs. Toothbrush

The other night, TJ was putting his toothbrush back in the holder when he bumped it on the side of the holder, lost his grip, and the toothbrush fell in the toilet. He rinsed it off, put it away, and then came and told me about it. He followed me in to the bathroom and watched in horror as I took his toothbrush back out of the holder and threw it away. Some of the protests I heard:

"The toilet was clean!"

"The toothbrush was only in there for a second!"

"It was an accident!"

"I washed it off!"

Is there ever a time when one would keep a toothbrush after it has been in the toilet? Maybe if it was a brand-new never-used toilet, I guess. But this is a battle the toilet will always win, in my opinion. TJ is still mourning the loss of his beloved Sponge Bob toothbrush. I told him to get another one just like it when he's at the dentist next time. For now, he has to live with the plain blue toothbrush with a suction cup on one end. And I pointed out this was a good reminder as to why he needs to put the lid down when he's done using the toilet!

No comments: