Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Strange Night

It is a scientific fact that my children do not sleep as well when Bill is gone. This means, I don't sleep as well! Here's last night in a nutshell:

12:45 a.m. TJ comes in to tell me that he had a bad dream. I pry my eyes open and start my speech. "It's okay. You're awake now. You're safe." I wasn't even done with the third sentence when TJ said, "Okay" and left. I don't know if he wasn't fully awake, or if he thought my attempt at reassurance was boring, but either way, I appreciated the fact that he didn't make me get up.

1:30 a.m. I hear Nolan crying in his sleep. Very unusual. I go in his room, rub his back and ask him what's wrong. He turns over, opens his eyes, and says "Hi. Can I have a drink?" I give him some water, he goes back to sleep. Weird.

5:30 a.m. I hear Nolan crying in his sleep. What's the deal? I go in his room, rub his back, and ask him what's wrong. He turns over, opens his eyes, and says "Is it time to wake up yet?" I tell him no, he says "okay" and closes his eyes. No clue why he was crying.

I'm exhausted from the disrupted sleep and aching for a dear friend who lost her baby over the weekend. If you read this, please say a prayer for Lissa and Rob as they grieve over Hannah. I cannot fathom what they are going through.

No comments: