Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Taxes and Jello

Friday night, I was sitting on my bed talking to Bill and TJ walked in the room. He said, "Mom, I have a question about your taxes." I looked at Bill in complete surprise. TJ is a bright kid, but what does he know about taxes? I looked at him questioningly and said, "Taxes???" TJ said, "Yes, those things you put in your eyes so you can see."

Oh! Contacts! I can't even remember what his question was. Bill and I were too busy laughing.

Monday night, TJ and I went to get our hair cut. I always go first, per TJ's instructions. I sit in the chair and Stephanie says, "So what are we doing today?" We discuss what I want, and then she cuts my hair.

Just to humor TJ, as soon as he climbed in the chair, Steph asked him, "So what are we doing today?" TJ looked at her very seriously and said, "Do NOT put any Jello in my hair."

We realized immediately that TJ was referring to that mysterious hair gel that he is so terrified of. But we had to tease him a bit. Eventually, we told him that Jello is something you eat, and gel is something that goes in your hair. When you are brave enough and ready to look preppy, that is!

No comments: