Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Craft shows

Every fall, I go to a couple craft shows with my mom and my sisters. This past Saturday was the craft show at West Catholic High School. This is my favorite craft show. It's been on the calendar for a couple months, and Bill knows that he is in charge of the boys while I shop 'til I drop.

Saturday was the day after Sam's flu bug. He ate a little breakfast and seemed almost his old self, but was still a little quiet. He was sitting in the bathroom watching me fix my hair in the morning. I told him that Daddy was going to Home Depot while I was at the craft show. I expected him to get excited about Home Depot, because he really likes that store. Instead, he said "You are going to a craft show? I AM going with you." And that was that. He quickly got ready, and had Bill help him get his coat and boots on. I did pack a stroller because I didn't think he had the energy to be on his feet the whole time.

Sam did enjoy the craft show. He sat quietly in his stroller...unless we saw a booth with candles for sale. Then, this is what you saw. My four-year-old carefully smelling and studying every candle on the table:


Sam got two new candles. He insisted on holding them, and whenever we stopped to talk to a vendor, he would make them smell his candles. No one can resist Sam's smile and his genuine excitement over two small candles. Lots of people smelled Sam's candles that day!

No comments: