Sunday, May 9, 2010

For the love of sprinklers

Sam is still obsessed with underground sprinklers. He was in seventh heaven last weekend when Bill took him to Home Depot and Menards to buy supplies to add another zone of sprinkling to our front yard. Bill said he handed Sam a sprinkler as soon as they got in the store and Sam was content to hold it for the rest of the trip (and talk non-stop about sprinklers. If you've met Sam, you know what I mean).

Here is Sam supervising Bill to make sure he's burying everything correctly:

Sam and Nolan watch as Bill tests the sprinklers for the first time this season (shortly afterward, I had three boys who couldn't explain to me how they got wet):

This is a great picture. Ummm...it appears Nolan has a bladder issue and that Sam is very amused by it:

2 comments:

Mrs. Sarah J. said...

Hi! I was googling boys with loves for sprinklers and saw this! My almost 3 year old is in love (!) with them!! He spends all his time taking them apart, switching nozzles, playing with them on the "tester" my hubby made him, taking his sprinklers to bed with him and in the car. He is not autistic at all- just very bright. I wondered if there were any good toys for boys like this since you have one?! I'm not sure how old this posting is... But thought I would ask. And if it's been a while, how is your son now and what is he interested in?
Thanks!! My email is sbrownjackson05@aol.com if you are able to write me back! :)
Sarah Jackson

Mrs. Sarah J. said...

Oh I see you wrote this a few years ago now- would still love any insight into boys who are like this! Haha :)