Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Today's "Sam-isms"

Sam is having a good day. He's cracked me up several times. The sad thing is he is usually being serious when he says this stuff, so I have to do my best not to laugh.

It is beautiful today. Last I checked, it was in the low 70s. For the first time this spring, the boys are in tee shirts. I decided they should all wear the shirts we bought them in Puerto Rico. TJ put his on and commented that he liked it (it's bright yellow with 3 frogs lined up across the middle). I put Nolan's on and he proudly informed me that his shirt had 3 blue monkeys (they ARE monkeys, but one is pink, one is green, and one is blue), and that monkeys say "Woof". It's been a few hours...he now has learned that monkeys say "Ooh, ooh, ooh".

Then, there's Sam. Sam's shirt is bright red with frogs hopping all over the front of it. I put it on him and he said, "Wow! I do NOT like this shirt!" His excited tone of voice did not match his words. I really struggled not to laugh. Now that he's been wearing it for half the day, and has had several people comment on how much they like his shirt, he's decided it's not so bad after all.

Sam is still making tiny steps of progress with 'potty training', although he still won't sit on the potty. Today, he wore Lightning McQueen underwear for an hour and a half! I leave it on him until he tells me it's time to take it off. He has not had an accident in his underwear, so I know he understands how to hold it. But at lunchtime today, he said, "Uh oh, Mom. I'm soaked." I asked him if he had wet his pants. He said, "No! I stuck my hands in my milk and they are all wet." Well, duh. Why didn't I think of that first?

Tomorrow, Nolan turns two (where has the time gone?!). He understands he has a birthday coming up and will proudly hold up two fingers when you ask him how old he's going to be. He's such a honey.

And I hope you all have appreciated the fact that Nolan has made it to age 2, and I am not pregnant as I was when TJ turned two, nor is there a newborn in the house, as there was when Sam turned two. I am definitely done with that stage, and am looking forward to watching my boys grow up.

No comments: