Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Throw away kisses

90% of the time, Sam wakes up in a fabulous mood. I call him 'Mr. Sunshine.' He wakes up, slides right out of bed, and cheerfully asks if his breakfast is ready.

The other 10% of the time, you'd better look out. Sam turns into a grumpy, 3-year-old thundercloud. Sam was in that state when I woke him up yesterday morning. Yes, I had to wake both him and TJ up. The time change was rough on them both Sunday and Monday mornings. But it was 7:20, and I was leaving for work. The boys don't like it if I leave before they get a chance to say good-bye, so I went in and woke them up.

Sam slid out of bed, and immediately informed me that DADDY could NOT get his breakfast ready. Poor Daddy. I don't know why he wasn't allowed to assist. I got Sam settled on his bar stool (they insist on eating breakfast at the counter), and I gave Sam a good-bye kiss. I turned to give TJ his kiss, when I heard Sam muttering about throwing the kiss away. I turned back and asked him what he had said. He told me he didn't want my kiss, so he had thrown it away. I laughed and kissed his other cheek. I told him he wasn't supposed to throw away my kisses. Sam half-smiled/half-scowled, carefully plucked the invisible kiss from his cheek, and tossed it to the floor. I could have been annoyed. Instead, I laughed. Sam didn't appreciate that, but Bill thought it was funny too.

Bill emailed me later in the day and reported that Sam snapped out of his grumpy mood shortly after I left, and was his usual sunshiny self by the time he left for my mom's for the day.

I still can't believe he threw away my kisses!

No comments: