Monday, March 15, 2010

Sleeping In

TJ has always been an early riser. Several years ago, I got really tired of being roused by a little boy at 6:30 in the morning. So, as soon as I could, I explained the concept of 7:00 to him. At age 3, he knew that unless his clock said "Seven-Zero-Zero" it was not time to get up. This has worked marvelously. It would be nice if he'd sleep later than 7:00, but I'll take what I can get.

TJ inherited his early riser-ship from his father. Bill rarely sleeps in. Saturday morning was no exception. I was vaguely aware when Bill got up, but I didn't hear any commotion from the kids, so I rolled over and went back to sleep. When I got up later, I asked what time the boys had woken up. Bill said that Nolan had slept until 7:30, but that TJ and Sam were up right at 7:00.

TJ was indignant when he heard that. He said, "No! I slept in! When I woke up, the clock said 'Seven-Zero-Two'."

Ummm...is that progress?

No comments: