Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Potty Progress

Sam has still not used the toilet. Nor is he willing to sit on it. BUT, he is willing to wear big-boy underwear for brief amounts of time. He wore it for 30 minutes today, and my mom reported he hit 45 minutes yesterday. He definitely understands how to hold it, as he has not wet the underwear yet. Now, to take the next step...

Then there's Nolan. He sits on the potty at least twice a day. His motivating factor is definitely the one measly M&M I give him for sitting on the potty. Today, I gave him a blue one. He got blue smeared all over his lips and his hand. Then he somehow dropped it out of his mouth and got blue and chocolate on his leg and the edge of the potty. This was just ONE M&M! Can you imagine the disaster if I gave him two?

Nolan has the toilet thing figured out. Every time he sits on his little potty, he points at the regular toilet and reminds me of the fact that the big toilet is "TJ's. Sam's." I ask him if it's for Nolan and he says very firmly, "Nooooo." He's right. He'd fall right in.

No comments: