Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sam's 'joke'

After lunch today, I headed out to run some errands. Before I left, I used the bathroom. When I came out and was getting my purse, Sam said...

"Mom, why were you in the bathroom trying on shoes?"

I was totally confused and asked him what he was talking about. His response, "It was a joke, Mom!"

Well, I don't get it.

This morning, it dawned on me that Nolan's birthday is less than 3 weeks away. I have started jotting down a few gift ideas, because family members are already asking what they should buy him. I decided I would ask Nolan what he wanted. I was really curious as to what he'd say.

"Nolan, what do you want for your birthday?"

"Ball."

"You want a ball for your birthday?"

"Yeah."

Do we need any more balls? Absolutely not. But if that's what he wants, that's what he gets. I bought him a soft blue soccer ball while I was at Toys R Us today. I imagine he'll be thrilled. He's an easy one to please.

No comments: