Sunday, January 24, 2010

First Words

By the time we arrived home last night, it was close to 9:30 and the boys were all in bed, asleep. I had promised TJ that I would wake him up and give him a kiss, but that child would NOT wake up! I gave up and let him sleep.

So this morning, it was the first time he had seen me in nearly 9 days. He knocked on the bathroom door while I was drying my hair. I let him in and he said, "I made you a cookie at Grandma Cindy's house! And you need to eat it for breakfast cuz we are all out of 'hot cookies'!" Hot cookies are what my boys have always called Pop Tarts. For the record, I have probably 5 Pop Tarts per year, and I did NOT have a cookie for breakfast. TJ was disappointed with me.

Sam wandered in the bathroom a few minutes later. I said, "Hi Sam! Did you miss me?" His response? "I saw baby Charlotte!" Hmmm.....Mommy officially ranks below baby Charlotte.

Nolan came in right after that. He gave me a big smile, so I scooped him up. He immediately pushed on my chest so I would set him down. I did, and he promptly started digging through my drawers to find my vitamins (they have a child-proof cap and he likes to use them for maracas).

So sweet. So touching. My children. :-)

No comments: