Tuesday, January 19, 2010

2010 Cruise Day 4





Today, we are in San Juan, Puerto Rico. I am currently sitting in a Starbucks, utilizing their free Wifi. I added pictures to my previous posts. We have already been here an hour, and Bill is looking bored, so I may not put many pictures on this post. As you can see by the first picture, the streets are narrow here. Thankfully, the drivers are gracious and not too anxious to run us tourists over.
It is beautiful again today. Bill and I toured Fuerte San Cristobal, a fort that is nearly 500 years old. It was beautiful. Lots of climbing was involved, and I was rather hot and sweaty by the time we were done. The two pictures of us above were taken at the fort. We took a brief bus tour of Old and New San Juan, but our tour guide's English was a bit difficult to follow. He did tell us how to swear in Spanish. Not really information that I can use in the future. I can also sign a bad word in Spanish. :-)

It hit me today...I miss my kids. I spoke briefly with my mom and TJ (Sam and Nolan opted not to talk to me...OUCH!), and I will survive, but I know I will definitely be ready to see them on Saturday.
Tomorrow, we will be in St. Thomas. If I can find more free wifi, you will get more pictures! I also need to do more souvenir shopping for some little boys I know!

No comments: