Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Daddy gets scared

Bill was in Detroit yesterday and today. That meant I had to get up at 7:04 this morning to make breakfast for my impatient older two boys (yesterday, when TJ had school, I had to drag him out of bed at 7:15. Today, when I could sleep in, they are up at the crack of dawn...). I made breakfast, took a quick shower, and then let Sam in the bathroom so we could visit while I curled my hair. When I say "visit", I mean that I smile and nod while Sam talks non-stop.

During this time, Nolan was still asleep. I have one child smart enough to sleep in. I had turned on the monitor in the bathroom so that I would hear him over the fan. Sam was very interested in the monitor and was asking how it works. I told him that I use the monitor so I can hear Nolan if he starts to cry. Sam thought about this and said, "Hey, there's another one in the basement! I think that is for when Daddy is downstairs. He might get scared or start to cry." I agreed that I would want to know if Daddy was crying. The monitor downstairs is an extra handset, so we can hear the kids if I am working out in the evenings or Bill is tinkering in the basement. But that's not what Sam thinks. And most of the time, it's pointless to try and change his mind.

No comments: