Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Night Prowler

Monday night is grocery night. I leave for Meijer around 7:30 p.m. and Bill puts the boys in bed by 8:30. Last night, I was running late and didn't leave until 8:00. Then I arrived at Meijer and discovered my list and coupons were at home on the counter. I had to come all the back and get them. I gave the boys good-night kisses when I stopped in, then returned to Meijer again to shop. I love unnecessary trips when it's 14 degrees out.

Anyway, when I got home, Bill was watching Heroes. I joined him, since it's one of only 3 shows that I watch every week (along with The Office, and ER). At 10:00, I went down to the boys' room to lay out their clothes for today, and to flip off their closet light. They insist on having it on when we put them down, but are fine with it being turned off when I go to bed. I got to their room and noticed Sam's special blanket and Buddy (one of his old burp cloths he drags around) laying just inside the door. I thought it was very odd that Sam would have gone to sleep without them. He usually yells non-stop if something is amiss with his bedtime routine. As I pushed the door open, I bent down to pick up his things, but I had to stop because the door was stuck. I peeked around the back to see what was in the way, and it was SAM! I looked around the room and was quickly able to discern that he had gotten back up after Bill put him in bed. The ceiling fan was on full-blast, some toys had been pulled out of the closet, and Sam was sound asleep on top of several Matchbox Cars. I had to leave the room before I started laughing. I had Bill come and observe the disaster before I cleaned everything up, turned the fan OFF, and put Sam back in bed. Bill must have been in the basement the whole time I was shopping, or he would have heard Sam goofing off. I can't believe Sam fell asleep on his toys! And of course, TJ slept through the whole thing. He never lasts more than five minutes.

I just wish I had taken a picture.

No comments: