Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Write it down, before you forget

These boys of mine continue to make me laugh. Sam, in particular, comes up with some funny stuff, since he is just getting a grasp on this speaking-in-sentences concept.

A few Sam gems:

*Every morning, he greets me with an excited, "I waked up!"--like he can't believe his good fortune. He is such a morning person!

*On Saturday, he accompanied me to a Pampered Chef party at Aunt Sarah's house. Jared had made a trifle-type dessert that had a little Kahlua in it. I let Sam have some, but I told him, "Don't tell Daddy!" He must've repeated that phrase a dozen times. He got lots of laughs, but really had no idea what he was saying.

*Bill's dad and step-mom must have stock in Hallmark, because they love sending the boys various holiday cards. Today, the boys got cards for Thanksgiving. I gave Sam his and asked him if he wanted to open it. He got all excited, and said, "Money inside!" I couldn't stop laughing. What concept of money does he have? And when has he ever received any by mail? Well, there was no money inside, but he did like the turkery on the card. He's been carrying it around the house with him.

TJ has taken to repeating things his friends and classmates say, even if he doesn't understand them. Today, he insisted on bringing a toy for Coopersville Cares (He called it CooperCares). His class is doing a toy drive. I actually wasn't going to participate, since we already spent a small fortune filling a shoe box for Operation Christmas Child, and we'll be buying hats & mittens for Coopersville Cares to bring to the mitten tree at church. But he insisted he had to, since one of his friends had. He had gotten two "Memory" games for Christmas last year, so he proudly brought the unopened one to school today.

Yesterday, we had our first measurable snowfall. TJ was so excited. He came home from school and begged to go play in it. I let him, since I figured it would be melting today (it is). He was outside with the neighbor boys for an hour. He came in, dripping wet, proclaiming he needed "Hot Chwockwate". I also thought this was amusing, as he has never before had hot chocolate. However, if the neighbor boys were getting some from their mom, well then, he was too. I made it 'warm' chocolate and he decided it was good.

Then there's Nolan. He doesn't have any funny sayings yet, but he sure is fond of the letter "G". All morning long, I've heard "Geh. Geh. Geh."

He's trying so hard to sit up. For the most part, he does a nice job, but if he gets distracted, he does a face plant on the carpet. He seems awfully confused when that happens.

Here's a picture of him and Audrey at Grandma Ellen's on Sunday. Audrey is crawling, but she was content to stop and sit with Nolan for awhile:

1 comment:

myowen said...

That's funny, I just posted on my blog and decided to come check your blog and you have almost the same picture up!