Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Funny and profound

Sam has a cold (actually, all 3 boys do). It's been bothering his eyes, and they've been watering a lot. Yesterday he came to me and said, "Mommy! Eyes running!" I laughed and wiped his tears away. Then I thought, well who says the nose runs and the eyes water? Why can't it be the other way around? Maybe Sam is on to something here.

Nolan has decided that he will eat avocados and pears. So I've been giving him a little bit of pears in the morning and avocado in the evening. He much prefers the pears. Yesterday, he was so excited, he exhaled loudly as I put the spoon in his mouth. Yep. He blew pears all over me. He just gets so excited, he forgets what he is supposed to be doing.

TJ is anxiously awaiting the arrival of his 5th birthday. Every month, he makes a calendar at school and brings it home. This month we are crossing off the days and counting how many are left until his birthday. Only 9 to go! Being in the Fabulous Fives class means a good chunk of the class has fall birthdays. TJ is one of the very youngest. The kids have to be 5 by December 1st, so with a November 20 birthday, there are only two kids younger than TJ, and they all feel like they've been waiting FOREVER for their turn to have a birthday. For his birthday dessert, TJ has requested a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, sprinkles, and rings. I asked him what he meant, and he wants me to stick some plastic rings in it, just like someone in his class had. Uhhh...I don't even know where to buy those! I guess I should look! Any thoughts??

I also need to bake cookies or brownies for his treat for school. He's really pushing it...Mommy detests baking, and he needs two different items for the same day? Fun.

No comments: