Thursday, November 20, 2008

Five Years Ago Today...

The "ER" episode where the helicopter falls on Dr. Romano aired. I had been looking forward to it all week, and was a tiny bit disappointed that I was going to miss it. Of course, no one can plan going into labor! However, TJ cooperated and arrived before 7:30 p.m. Bill, TJ, a nurse, and I all watched that "ER" episode. The nurse actually waited to move me to my post-partum room until the episode was over. It's a funny memory, and obviously one I will never forget.

So it's been five years now that our struggle to become parents ended. I've been so tremendously blessed since. TJ is such a character. He's definitely had his challenging moments, but he has also brought us immense joy. It's been so much fun to watch him grow now that he's in school. His behavior is improving...he understands boundaries more, and is learning to avoid children who might cause him to misbehave (he was always drawn TO them in the past). Sure, he still gets wound up when his cousins are around, but he's also a big help to me, and for the most part, a kind and loving big brother.

One quick funny story: The Fab Fives class must be learning about rhyming words. TJ, however, is not understanding the concept at all. Last night, he informed me that "smoke" and "water" rhyme. Uh, okay!

Birthday pictures will be up in a few days!

Happy Birthday, TJ!!

No comments: