Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Twice in One Week!

I'm sure some of you know how much I hate to bake. It's funny, because both of my sisters, my brother Jared, and my mom really enjoy it. I find it tedious, messy, and pointless (hello! What are packaged Oreos for???). But today I sucked it up and made Peanut Butter Blossoms for TJ's birthday treat. I think most kids bring cupcakes, but too bad. I definitely don't have the patience for those.

So, here's my beef with today's cookies (which turned out FINE for all of you doubters!). I called Brianna to get the recipe. She told me one batch would make 4 dozen. I got 39. Mine appear to be the same size as hers, so where are the other 9 cookies? This is why I'd rather make a batch of lasagna. You make lasagna, you get one pan every time....not 3/4ths of a pan one time, and then a pan and a half the next. Baking is so silly.

I made the cookies today because I have to work tomorrow. And tomorrow night after church, I have to bake TJ's cake. Ugh. I love my little boy, and I also love chocolate cake, but baking twice in a week pushes me to my limits...

No comments: