Friday, August 15, 2008

Steven Curtis Chapman

I got my latest edition of People magazine today (it's my vice and my guilty pleasure). There is an article on Steven Curtis Chapman and family, and how they've been coping since his 5-year-old daughter Maria, died tragically in May.

Wow. What a family. What faith! I cried while I read the article. You can feel their pain, but also their hope. I am so glad that I, too, share their faith and hope--but I don't know if I could grieve as gracefully. I just pray I'll never be tested as they have.

I love their attitude toward adoption. All 3 of the Chapman's biological children intend to adopt. I still wonder if adoption is in our future. We had just started looking into it when I discovered Nolan was on the way. For now, 3 is all I can handle, but Bill and I will sit down in 4 or 5 years to discuss whether we feel God wants us to adopt or whether we feel our family is complete.

No comments: