Thursday, August 21, 2008

Photography and TJ

ARGH! Why won't TJ cooperate when it's time to take his picture? I took the boys back to Patti this morning to do group and individual shots of them. Nolan fell asleep when we were there for our family photos, so Patti (always accommodating) had me come back this morning.

Nolan did great! Huge smiles, very content. Sam did awesome! Very compliant, sweet smiles, etc. TJ threw a tantrum, kicked, hit, cried.....we discussed everything ahead of time. He agreed that if he was cooperative, we'd get done faster, and could get to Grandma Cindy's sooner. So what was with the out-of-control behavior? I finally got him to cooperate for a couple group shots and some individual shots of him sitting on the table. But when Patti moved the table and asked him to sit on a stool, the tantrum started all over again. By this time, Nolan was crying. I had wanted more group shots, more individual shots, and TJ wrecked it. And I can't afford to do this more than once a year. Sigh.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to get TJ to cooperate, I'm listening! It's such a big, fake show he puts on, and he's driving me batty. My only thought was to simply exclude him if the tantrums start up the next time. I'd rather have a nice picture of Sam and Nolan than a bad picture of the three.

No comments: