Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I scream, you scream...

We all scream for ice cream!









Ice cream is a pretty rare treat for the boys. TJ loves it, but since Sam is lactose intolerant, I can't bring myself to give TJ ice cream while Sam goes without. For Sam's birthday, I splurged and bought a pint of soy ice cream for him (it cost more than a half gallon of the regular stuff!). The boys have been enjoying weekly ice cream cones ever since. As you can see, Sam makes sure all of his face feels the ice cream love. I didn't really care....they both went straight into the bathtub after this, and his shirt is soaking in the laundry tub. And pay no attention to the diapers in the background...just trying to sun out some stains! :-)

I noticed Bill took a new picture of the house. Here it is with MOST of the brick done!
He ran out of brick. 3 pallets weren't enough. He thinks one box (which better be MUCH smaller than a pallet!) will be enough to finish that last wall. He wants to put 3 pillars on the front porch next year, and those will be partially bricked. He described them to me, but as usual, I can't picture it until it's done.
He's been busy caulking the siding. That would be the downfall of fiberboard cement. It has to be caulked, and then the entire house needs a second coat of paint. He'll probably paint about half the house this fall and worry about the rest next year (the house will be fine, it just won't have a 'finished' look to it, since you can see nails). He says he might start working on the deck this weekend. It just all depends on Standale Lumber. We have a credit with them, but Bill doesn't think it's enough to get all of the decking material. And we have no money to actually purchase the rest...so, we'll have to see what they can do for us. I might wind up with part of a deck now, and the rest later.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does soy ice cream taste like the regular? lol I have never tried anything soy.

Looks like they enjoyed it.

Busy Baroness said...

It's not terrible. It's creamy, but the flavor and after taste is a little 'off'. I definitely would never choose it over ordinary ice cream.