Tuesday, November 19, 2013

So delicious

We had a visitor tonight. We invited Bill's co-worker, Linda, over for dinner. Linda has been a big help to Bill over the years and has been a wealth of information for us since we moved to the east side of the state. She always has some sort of treat for the boys, and they adore her. 

During dinner, it was hard for the adults to carry on a conversation because the boys kept thinking of things they HAD to tell Miss Linda. At one point, Sam was talking her ear off when Nolan had a question for me. 

"Mom? Can you give me another word for delicious?"

I was a little surprised, as this question came out of nowhere. But honestly, nothing these boys say should surprise me anymore. 

I tried to turn on my mental thesaurus. "Yummy" was my first suggestion, but Nolan shook his head. Apparently that wasn't the word he was searching for. The next word I came up with was "delectable". Nolan immediately smiled and said, "Delectable. Yep, that's the word I needed."

Linda was suitably impressed with Nolan and his vocabulary. But don't worry. He isn't growing up too fast. After a tour of the house, we sat down in the living room to chat. Mr. Delectable crawled in my lap and fell asleep. 

No comments: