Sunday, August 12, 2012

Tender Moment

Yesterday morning, TJ was very anxious to get over to my mom's house to play. Normally, I wouldn't let them go over there on a Saturday morning, but Clark and Miles were there. Plus, she said it was all right, so that makes it her fault. :-)

Our stuffed Angry Birds collection had grown this week and the boys were excited about taking the toys over to my mom's to play with Clark. TJ bagged all of the animals up, helped Nolan get his shoes on, and the three of them were out the door. I stood at the kitchen window to watch them as far as the corner of Canterbury and Canterbury Court. If it had just been TJ and/or Sam, I wouldn't have worried about it, but since Nolan was with them, I wanted to make sure they were staying to the side of the road.

They were hurrying down the road single-file. TJ was in the lead, carrying the bag of birds and pigs. Nolan was next, running as fast as his short legs and awkward gait can take him. Sam was in the back, probably counting the neighbor's sprinkler heads.

Because Nolan can't run very fast (we are still trying to figure out what's up with his feet and/or legs), Sam passed Nolan quite quickly. Nolan fell quite far behind by the time they had gone about 15 yards. I felt so bad for him, watching him struggle to keep up. But suddenly, Sam stopped, turned, saw how far behind his little brother had fallen, then went back to him, and took his hand. He held Nolan's hand the rest of the way down the street.

My heart was just about bursting with pride and love!

No comments: