Thursday, August 2, 2012

Beauty takes time

TJ and I had appointments to get our hair cut tonight. We were more than a week overdue for haircuts, because Stephanie (the girl who has been cutting my hair for years) was on vacation last week. TJ, who normally pays no attention to such things, commented to me more than once this week that he knew he needed a haircut. We were both looking a bit shaggy.

So he WANTED to get his hair cut tonight, but TJ was also quite tired. My mom seems to be on a mission this summer to wear the boys out (which I do appreciate!). This afternoon, they spent 3 hours at the splash pad and the beach at Millennium Park. So, TJ was whipped.

Which is why he was dreading the sitting and waiting part of haircut night. Shortly before we left, he asked (rather anxiously), "You aren't getting your hair painted tonight, are you?"

I had a good laugh over that. Then I reminded him that I had just had my hair 'highlighted' last time, so it was just a cut for both of us tonight. TJ was relieved to hear it.

Now I should be going to bed, but I keep picturing Stephanie with a big, thick paintbrush. For some reason, the paint I keep picturing is blue. I wonder if that technique would work well....

No comments: